What can you throw?
Rice
Birdseed
Flower Petals Always a pretty choice. Just remember that rose petals can stain concrete if stepped on. If it is an autumn wedding, how about throwing fall leaves.
Confetti PoppersA messy but fun idea is party poppers that shoot out confetti. Great for a colorful wedding.
If the location does not allow anything to be thrown, have no worries. There are a several alternatives.
BubblesBlowing bubbles as the bride and groom leave have become extremely popular since so many locations have such stiff regulations on throwing items. A perk with blowing bubble is that there is absolutely no cleanup afterwords involved.
Sparklers
Noisemakers
Ringing BellsAnother good choice if you are not allowed to throw anything. Plus, they are also known as "Kissing Bells". Oh la la...
Picture TakingThe bride and groom are the celebrities on this day...why not have their own paparazzi? Takes lots and lots of pictures. You can find cheap disposable cameras online for the guests to us. Downside? Try not to blind the couple.
Releasing doves or butterfliesFinal thought- many of the reception locations have regulations on what can and cannot be thrown. Make sure to find out any of the regulations before making your decision.


12 comments:
Flower petals and bubbles are a good choice
Although I am already married, all great ideas and I love your thoughts!
Stoppin' by from SITS!
I hadn't thought of bird seeds...that would be fun, especially if it attracts some birds
From the time she was about six, when asked what she wanted to be when she grew up, my daughter always said, "I'm going to be a celebrity." I'll have to keep the photo/paparazzi idea in mind for when she marries!
I always see flower petals...thanks for giving some unique ideas
very interesting article.thanks for the information provided
flower petals are great
We used to throw rice and petals on every wedding. But on my wedding day i would like the bubbles and the butterflies to thrown to us. Actually, it's the concept of my wedding. all white with butterflies and bubbles around.
Cheers! good job..
For my wedding, I would like bubbles, flower petals and butterflies would be thrown to me and my groom! Because I think those are three of the beautiful things in this planet.
Hi
Maggie here, there is some really new and fresh ideas here. I recently watched "Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?" on TSN and they suggest the new "in thing" is to throw small white feathers!
Great idea. For me personally, I like the idea of throwing flower petals. It just looks romantic with that.
Post a Comment